Rosedale Development Association is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit community development corporation, serving the Rosedale area of Kansas City, KS and Wyandotte County. RDA’s mission is to work with residents, businesses, and institutions to build a thriving Rosedale community.
• Manage RDA website, social media, paper newsletter and e-newsletter
• Design program and event flyers
• Implement 2017 RDA communications plan, assess results, and create future plans
• Coordinate and execute Rosedale community events
• Support community-based advocacy efforts
• Assist Rosedalians in accessing community resources
• Recruit and manage volunteers for neighborhood projects and programs
• Represent RDA in the broader community
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
• 1-3 years relevant work experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in: WordPress, Mailchimp, Salesforce, social media and analytics, basic design
• Experience coordinating community events
• Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Grassroots/community organizing experience preferred
• History of neighborhood/community engagement and affinity with Rosedale neighborhood preferred
• Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
• Commitment to mission of the Rosedale Development Association
Compensation: Salary range: $30,000-$35,000
- Affordable medical insurance
- Retirement benefit after 12 months of employment
Hours: Full time. Frequent evenings and some weekends required.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosedale Development Association, Inc.
- 1403 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66103
- (913) 677-5097
Join the Rosedale AmeriCorps Team!
Rosedale Development Association works to build a strong and healthy community and to improve the quality of life for those who live, work, and play in Rosedale. AmeriCorps is a commitment to a year of service where you can make an impact and build important job skills for the future. AmeriCorps members in Rosedale work to improve our community in every way: leading youth programs, teaching nutrition and gardening, repairing homes for seniors, fixing bikes, organizing community events, cleaning up litter and graffiti, building trails, and training volunteers.
- Work with volunteers to provide healthy youth programs including cooking classes and sports
- Assist community members in beautifying the neighborhood through creating green spaces, and cleaning up litter
- Build and maintain nature trails
- Maintain and improve community gardens
- Provide home repair services for seniors and low-income families
- Support neighborhood groups
- Coordinate healthy neighborhood events
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma, some college or verifiable work history
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Commitment to building healthy communities
- Ability to work well as a team and with diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer and social networking skills
- Gardening, sports, bike repair or home repair experience preferred
- Experience working with children
- Commitment to mission of the Rosedale Development Association
- Must be a U.S. citizen and participate in a criminal history check
All positions are for a 1-year term of service through AmeriCorps Kansas.
Compensation: Half-time members receive a bi-weekly living allowance of $250 and a Segal Education Award of $2,887.50
Hours: Half-Time positions available. Frequent evenings and some weekends required
How to Apply:
Please send a résumé and cover letter to:
- Rosedale Development AssociationATTN: Je T’aime Taylor1403 Southwest Blvd, KCK 66103
- or by email to email@example.com.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.