Join the Rosedale AmeriCorps Team!
Rosedale Development Association works to build a strong and healthy community and to improve the quality of life for those who live, work, and play in Rosedale. AmeriCorps is a commitment to a year of service where you can make an impact and build important job skills for the future. AmeriCorps members in Rosedale work to improve our community in every way: leading youth programs, teaching nutrition and gardening, repairing homes for seniors, fixing bikes, organizing community events, cleaning up litter and graffiti, building trails, and training volunteers.
- Work with volunteers to provide healthy youth programs including cooking classes and sports
- Assist community members in beautifying the neighborhood through creating green spaces, and cleaning up litter
- Build and maintain nature trails
- Maintain and improve community gardens
- Provide home repair services for seniors and low-income families
- Support neighborhood groups
- Coordinate healthy neighborhood events
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma, some college or verifiable work history
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Commitment to building healthy communities
- Ability to work well as a team and with diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer and social networking skills
- Gardening, sports, bike repair or home repair experience preferred
- Experience working with children
- Commitment to mission of the Rosedale Development Association
- Must be a U.S. citizen and participate in a criminal history check
All positions are for a 1-year term of service through AmeriCorps Kansas.
Compensation: Half-time members receive a bi-weekly living allowance of $250 and a Segal Education Award of $2,887.50
Hours: Half-Time positions available. Frequent evenings and some weekends required
How to Apply:
Please send a résumé and cover letter to:
- Rosedale Development AssociationATTN: Je T’aime Taylor1403 Southwest Blvd, KCK 66103
- or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.